Monday, May 21, 2012

Double Trouble

I haven't written a post in awhile.  Life has been busy.  A lot of thoughts swirling in my mind but I'm not ready to write about most of them.  So I decided to keep this light hearted because I could use a few chuckles myself as I recall some funny stories from my two precious boys.

The boys both love bath time and enjoy playing in the tub together.  The other week as they splashed in the tub I was finishing washing the dinner dishes.  After awhile I realized there was an unusual amount of hysterical laughter coming from the bathroom.  It was the type of laughter that a mom instantly knows something is happening that shouldn't be.  I held my breath as I opened the door, it was as I expected TROUBLE.  My 17 month-old was pulling pieces of toilet paper off the roll and throwing it in the tub.  My 3 year-old was taking the wet toilet paper out of the tub and slinging it across the bathroom.  I had just changed the toilet paper roll that day and it was now empty.  This meant there was an entire roll of toilet paper in the tub and slung across my bathroom!  Thankfully, we have an extremely small bathroom and the walls are tile, so clean up was not too bad and the bathroom was overdue for a cleaning anyway.

The other morning I was outside playing with my boys.  We had gotten back from running errands so the car was parked in the driveway.  I was sitting on the porch and my 17 month-old went behind the car.  After about a minute I decided I better check on him and just as I'm going around the car I hear him crying.  He had ventured in to our neighbors garden and because of the torrential downpours the night before had sunk into the mud up to his ankles and could not move.  Luckily, I found him before he tried to free himself and it was only his feet that were covered in slimy mud!

I took both of my boys to a baby shower this weekend.  My husband was working and my aunt wanted me to bring the boys along.  Let's just say little boys and a shower are a challenge.  It took my mom, sister and myself to keep them wrangled.  My 3 year-old sucked down two chocolate milks before I knew what happened (the kind waitress had brought him a refill).  My 17 month-old was bound and determined to climb the stairs.  My 3 year-old told my mom that "There's nothing good here to eat".  Apparently caesar salad, lobster bisque, delicious wraps and gourmet chicken are not his favorite.  I was just waiting for one of them to grab the linen table cloth and empty the whole table.  My 3 year-old later made his way to the front of the room where my cousin was opening her gifts.  My other cousin said hi to him and asked him how he was.  He then decided to announce to the entire room "I just had a big poop".  Which was the truth, and it had just happened so I guess he thought she would want to know.  Can I crawl in a hole now!  But apparently at a baby shower anything little kids do is adorable and funny, whew.

We bought a power wheels truck for our 3 year-old son a while back.  He loves to drive it around our yard.  Our 17 month-old son wants to drive it so bad but is not big enough yet.  The other day it was out and my youngest son climbed in it.  Before I knew what happened my oldest son had squeezed in in front of him and was driving them both around.  It is not a two seater but they squeezed in, little brother in the back riding and big brother in the front driving.  They both thought this was the best thing and were having a blast.  They definitely looked like partners in crime and double trouble riding around together!  This is only a smidgen of the stories I could tell.  And I am sure there will be lots more to come.  But I thank God for the blessing of my two sons and the memories that they will make for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment